Report an Issue

Any damages or issues at the property should be reported as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made for repair. If we manage your property you can call us in an emergency or use the contact us form at the bottom of the page for less urgent matters.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is classed as an emergency repair?

An emergency repair would include issues that need to be fixed as soon as possible. Examples include, burst pipe/flood, fire or vandalism, significantly blocked drains, or anything that would be a danger to your health and safety or likely to cause damage to the property such as the smell of gas or a serious electrical fault. (See end of page for emergencies involving gas).

2. What should I do in case of an emergency?

If we manage the property you are renting and you need to report a repair, please call us to avoid any delay in being able to assist. If outside of Property Management hours, please contact a qualified local tradesman to prevent any danger to your health and safety and any damage to the property.

For these visits please obtain a receipt for any emergency contractor and send to us as soon as possible so we can arrange reimbursement.

Please note, if the issue was not deemed to be an emergency your landlord may not reimburse the full cost of the repair.

3. What are tenants responsibilities for repairs?

Some minor maintenance issues are the tenant’s responsibility to rectify. You do not need to report these unless you are unable to address these yourself.

Some examples of these include, light bulb changes, unblocking a sink using unblocking liquid, clearing gutters and maintaining the garden borders and hedges.

4. What are the timeframes for repairs?

We will aim for a contractor to attend a property within the below timeframes to ensure you do not suffer any discomfort. However it is important to note that we will not be able to instruct them to complete any works without authorisation from your landlord.

Emergency repairs - within 72 hours

Routine Repairs - within 15 days

Planned Repairs - within 30 days

What should I do if I smell Gas?

  • Make sure you open all the doors and windows
  • Shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve
  • Call National Grid's gas emergency Freephone number: 0800 111 999
  • Call your property manager/landlord
  • Do not use any source of ignition
  • Do not attempt any repairs on electrical or gas appliances, report them immediately
  • If you call out an emergency contractor ensure they are a registered gas/ gas safe engineer

Report an Issue/Repair

01257 474669

Report an Issue - Chesters Estate Agents and Surveyors